What to expect on your first treatment at The WellBeing Centre Galway
Your first session at the Wellbeing Centre will require a consultation which may last 1 hour - 1 1/2 hours depending on the severity and duration of the condition.
During the one on one consultation we focus on finding the root cause of any health issues you require assistance with.
The acupuncture treatments we offer are gentle and pain-free. Clients describe the treatments as profoundly relaxing.
Once the needles are inserted, various forms of stimulation such as electro therapy, warming moxabustion or needle thrusting and rotation may be applied to achieve "De Qi" - a mild electrical or numbing sensation which occurs when "Chi" energy
has arrived at the needle.
Some of the topics covered during the consultation would be:
• Main complaint
• Underlying symptoms
• Pain related symptoms
• Medical history
• Family medical history
• Menstrual history (women)
• Diet and eating habits
• Lifestyle - work and family
• Mental - Emotional state
Some Key points
• Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine is one of the oldest known medical systems in the world.
• Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine should only be practiced by a fully qualified, licensed therapist.
• There is a body of clinical research showing the effectiveness of acupuncture for many health conditions.
• Check to see if your company or health insurer will cover some or all of your treatment costs, this will benefit you.
Commonly Treated Conditions
The World Health Organisation recognises acupuncture and TCM as a viable means of treatment for a wide range of conditions.
Some of the most commonly seen complaints are as follows, but note that this is just a sample of commonly treated conditions:
Ear, Nose and Throat Conditions